The Patient Service Representative serves as the initial contact for patient clinic visits. The Patient Service Representative assists in health care delivery through clerical support of the practice coordinators, physicians, and or physician assistants of all NWOS locations. This is a full-time, temporary position.
Anticipated placement is a 12-16 week assignment at the Spokane Valley Clinic - 12410 E Sinto Ave, Ste 210, Spokane, WA, but applicants must be willing to work at all NWOS locations.
- Excellent Customer Service, organization, and the ability to multi-task are the three key skills that must be demonstrated at all times.
- Demonstrates proficient use of Practice Management, EHR systems and Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrates professional and patient focused service at all times including the manner of communication, responsibility, and appearance.
- Availability to float to other clinics as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of patient reception area.
- Prepares for clinic by proactively verifying necessary demographic information, insurance eligibility, referral or authorization, and amount due for collection at time of appointment.
- Serves as the primary contact for patient check-in and check-out; promptly welcomes and acknowledges each patient in a friendly, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Completes patient registration at time of service by updating patient information; collects, scans, and saves paperwork to EHR chart, collects appropriate ID, obtains front and back copies of insurance cards, takes patient’s photograph, and meets all front desk meaningful use requirements.
- Pays close attention to detail and knowledge of health insurance to be demonstrated when updating all patient accounts.
- Collects copayments at the time of service and any other patient balances on accounts in accordance with financial policy.
- Communicates any necessary follow up instructions at the end of the appointment when assigned.
- Be dependable and report to work in a timely manner and complete hours and/or days of work as scheduled
- Maintains strictest patient confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA regulations and completes required staff training.
- Uses personal time while on duty (meals, breaks) in accordance with personnel policy.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Keeps supervisor informed of problems or issues.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 1 year medical office experience.
- Knowledge of medical insurance.
- Have the ability to multi-task.
- Display strong customer service skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.