The Patient Support Specialist handles account inquiries from patients, takes appropriate action to resolve inquiries and works with patients to secure payment on outstanding account balances. This job has regular contact with internal and external customers and requires regular outreach to patients.
1. Communicate with customers by phone or via electronic media to obtain information needed to resolve inquiries in accordance with department policies and procedures.
2. Review patient account information, perform research as necessary, and take appropriate action to resolve patient accounts.
3. Work with patients and guarantors to secure payment on outstanding balances, including but not limited to: Collection of credit card payment; establishment of payment plans based on financial status; administration of Care Credit to include application processing, payments and refunds; Send past due notices as necessary; Review balances for Bad Debt referral; obtain and verify insurance information when available.
4. Serve as the primary point of contact for incoming billing department phone calls.
5. Prepare surgery estimates for patients as requested.
6. Available to attend court hearings as requirede by 3rd party collection vendor.
7. Escalate patient complaints to the appropriate individual or department based on the nature of the complaint.
8. Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate.
9. Create a positive patient experience through listening, ensuring timely resolution and handling patients with a professional attitude.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
Qualified candidates will have one year medical office experience, strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and display strong customer service skills.
Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists offers competitive compensation, great health benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, continuing education and many other useful supplemental benefits.