Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists, P.S is hiring for a full-time Operating Room Circulating RN to work out of our Ambulatory Surgery Center. The OR Circulator works four 10 hour shifts weekly (M-F Day Shift, 1.0 FTE). NWOS is closed on all weekends and major holidays.
The Operating Room Circulator RN is responsible for delivering quality patient care at all times, ensuring a comfortable and confident visit for each patient. Under the direction of the OR Manager and/or Charge Nurse, this position is responsible for intraoperative patient care. This position utilizes substantial specialized judgment and skill in providing nursing care of assigned patients in the perioperative process.
- Provide direct nursing care in conformance with company policies, procedures and ASC standards while advocating/utilizing the nursing process and scientific principles.
- Perform circulator role proficiently.
- Manage multiple pieces of surgical equipment.
- Prepare for surgery cases to start on time and produce excellent turnover times.
- Clean OR between cases.
- Set up patient rooms.
- Perform sterile technique in all cases.
- Act as a patient advocate.
Required Skills and Experience
- Washington State Registered Nurses License.
- BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- A minimum of one (1) year of circulating experience preferred, but not required.
- Orthopedic experience preferred.
- Perioperative nursing experience preferred.
Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists offers competitive compensation, great health benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, continuing education and many other supplemental benefits.