Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists, P.S. is hiring an on-call Sterile Processing Technician.
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for decontamination and sterilization of surgical instruments and equipment and assisting with instrument order recommendations. Other responsibilities may include inventory control, management of supplies, equipment, quality control and other duties as assigned.
- Prepares surgical instruments and supplies for each case in an efficient & effective manner
- Cares for instruments and equipment to prevent loss and damage
- Actively promotes productivity and the efficient flow of surgical cases
- Assists with prompt turnover and start of cases
- Maintains cleanliness of decontamination & sterile prep areas
- Decontaminates instruments and equipment according to manufacture specifications
- Distributes/disposes of linens & biohazards appropriately
- Follows AAMI Guidelines
- Maintains instrument inventory, repairs, notifies Surgical Coordinator as needed
- Establishes and maintains instrument trays and count sheets
- Runs autoclave monitors as appropriate & documents results
- Works cooperatively with other departments to complete sterile processing duties
- Completes other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of one (1) year related experience. BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.