The Surgery Scheduler serves as the primary contact for the physician and patients in regards to coordinating and scheduling surgeries, follow up appointments, and any other required appointments as determined by the physicians.
Anticipated placement is an initial 12-16 week assignment at our Downtown Clinic - 601 W 5th Ave, Suite 400, Spokane, WA.
- Coordinates and schedules surgeries, follow up appointments, and any other requirements as requested by the physicians.
- Interacts with patients, physicians, and other staff both within the clinic and at outside facilities providing accurate, timely, and responsive information.
- Coordinates processes and routes all paperwork as needed to meet physician, NWOS and surgical facility requirements.
- Daily, proficient use of EHR and Microsoft outlook, word, and Cisco voicemail and message system.
- Verifying insurance eligibility, authorization and on occasion, benefits.
- Must be a Team Player and flexible.
- Be dependable and report to work in a timely manner and complete hours and/or days of work as scheduled
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner.
- Maintains strictest patient confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA regulations and completes required staff training.
- Respect for feelings of others and is polite on the job.
- Uses personal time while on duty (meals, breaks) in accordance with personnel policy.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Keeps supervisor informed of problems or issues; all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from an accredited medical office program preferred.
- One year work experience in a medical office setting preferred.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment including fax machines , copiers, scanners, document management software, Electronic Medical Record, medical software, word processing software.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy.
- Basic knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Knowledge of common health insurance plans and benefits.
- Excellent Customer Service, organization, and the ability to multi-task are the three key skills that must be demonstrated at all times.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills; provides professional, positive customer service to all patients and works well with other staff.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates strong telephone etiquette skills.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.