Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists, P.S is hiring for a full-time Surgical Technologist to work out of our Ambulatory Surgery Center. The Surgical Technologist works four 10 hour shifts weekly (M-F Day Shift, 1.0 FTE). NWOS is closed on all weekends and major holidays.
The Surgical Technologist is responsible for assisting with the care and preparation of the surgical patient and the operating room under the direct supervision of an operating room RN and surgeon.
- Provides patient care in conformance with unit policies, procedures and clinic standards.
- Prepares instruments and supplies for each case in an efficient and effective manner.
- Prepares the surgical environment for the patient and procedure being performed.
- Actively promotes productivity and the efficient flow of surgical cases.
- Assists with prompt turnover and start of cases.
- Performs surgical scrub, gowns and gloves self.
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Organizes instruments and supplies within the sterile field to facilitate prompt and smooth access.
- Anticipates intraoperative surgeons needs and communicates to the R.N. in a timely manner.
- All other duties assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program.
- Registered with the state of Washington.
- BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Current experience as a registered surgical technologist; recent completion of an accredited surgical technologist program may be considered as current experience.
Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists offers competitive compensation, great health benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, continuing education and many other useful supplemental benefits.