At Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists, our Imaging services include Digital X-ray, provided at all our locations, and MRI, provided at our main office in Spokane. To schedule an Imaging service, please call 888-660-2663.
A digital X-ray (digital radiology) is a form of X-ray imaging where digital X-ray sensors are used in place of traditional photographic film. Digital X-ray is used to diagnose conditions by taking pictures of the inside of the body.
On the day of your Digital X-ray:
- Bring your doctor’s order for your X-ray and your insurance card(s) with you to your appointment.
- If an X-ray has previously been taken, please bring the films with you to your appointment.
- If you are unable to bring your previous films with you, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
To schedule your Digital X-ray or if you have any questions regarding our Digital X-ray service, please call 888-660-2663.
An MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) is an imaging tool doctors use in order to look for and diagnose injuries that can't otherwise be detected through X-ray. Doctors usually recommend an MRI scan for patients to look for joint degeneration, tumors, fractures, and other musculoskeletal damage or disease. MRI scans are performed at our main office in Spokane.
On the day of your scheduled MRI:
- Bring your doctor's order and your insurance card(s).
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early to complete any necessary paperwork.
- You will be asked to change into a clinical gown that we provide. Please remove all metal objects from your body, including watches, jewelry, keys, wallets, cell phones, and pagers. Lockers are available to secure your belongings.
- If you have dentures, you may be asked to remove them.
- Please inform the office staff or technician if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are claustrophobic, please consult with your doctor about possibly taking a mild sedative before your MRI exam.
- During your exam, you will be wearing earplugs or headphones to protect your ears from the MRI machine making frequent loud noises.
- Following your exam, a radiologist will read your images and will report the results to your doctor.
To schedule an MRI or if you have any questions regarding our MRI service, please call 888-660-2663.