Mark C. Olson, M.D.
Dr. Mark Olson is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in trauma. He has particular interest in pediatric orthopaedics, fracture treatment, and problems associated with orthopaedic trauma. He began practicing at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2001.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, Dr. Olson went on to receive his medical degree from the University of Washington Medicine. After medical school, he underwent an internship at Erie County Medical Center in Buffalo, New York. He then traveled back to Seattle, where he completed his orthopaedic residency program at the University of Washington Medicine.
Dr. Olson is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients for trauma or pediatric injuries or conditions, Dr. Olson is serving as a member for several orthopaedic societies, including Spokane County Medical Society and Washington State Medical Association. In his free time, Dr. Olson enjoys cycling and running.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1965
University of Washington Medicine, Seattle, WA, 1969
Erie County Medical Center, Buffalo, NY, 1969–1970
- General Surgery, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Portland, OR, 1970–1971
- Orthopaedics, University of Washington Medicine, Seattle, WA, 1973–1977
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1978
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Spokane County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Fracture & Trauma Care
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- General Orthopaedics
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Board of Counselors, Aging Committee
- Chairman, Blood Management Program, Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Chairman, Orthopaedic Service Department, Sacred Heart Medical Center, 1996–2002
“Dr. Mark Olson and his staff are incredibly wonderful. From scheduling our appointment during the holiday season, working around school schedules and getting us in quickly, working with us and the insurance company to get pre-authorization quickly, and then to finally seeing Dr. Mark Olson (who himself is just absolutely awesome), they made sure that my son and I were well taken care of, treated well, and quickly on the way to healing!!!” — Lisa D.
“The staff was great. Dr. Olson is a great doctor. I like all of them and would recommend your office.” — Charlotte P.