Timothy W. Powers, M.D.
Dr. Powers is an orthopaedic surgeon, fellowship-trained in spine surgery. He specializes in treating adult spine conditions, including those of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Dr. Powers began practicing at Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2009.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts in Biology at Albion College in Albion, Michigan, Dr. Powers went on to receive his medical degree at the University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, Virginia. After medical school, he underwent both an orthopaedic surgery internship and residency at Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Dr. Powers then enrolled at OrthoCarolina in Charlotte, North Carolina, where he completed his spine surgery fellowship.
Dr. Powers is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he's not seeing patients for back, neck, spine, or trauma-related injuries, Dr. Powers enjoys a variety of outdoor sports, such as hunting, fly-fishing, and camping. He also likes to run and participate in triathlons.
Albion College, Albion, MI, 1995
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, 2000
Orthopaedic Surgery, Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners, Grand Rapids, MI, 2000–2001
Orthopaedic Surgery, Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners, Grand Rapids, MI, 2001–2005
Spine Surgery, OrthoCarolina, Charlotte, NC, 2005–2006
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2008
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Spokane County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- East Adams Rural Hospital
- Lincoln County Hospital
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Holy Family Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Adult Spine Surgery
- OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
- DLIF (Direct Lateral Interbody Fusion)
- MIDLIF (Midline Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
- Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement (Medtronic Bryan, LDR Mobi-C, Nuvasive PCM, Synthes ProDisk-C)
- General Orthopaedics
- "Incidence of Occult Spinal Fracture in Alert Trauma", 1999; Dr. Jeff Young, University of Virginia
- "Usefulness of Routine Radiographs of the Wrist"; Grand Rapids, MI
- "Two Level Testing of Intradiscal Pressures at Adjacent Segments in the Cervical Spine", 2006; Dr. Eric Laxer, OrthoCarolina
- "Initial Results of a New Pedicle Screw Locking Cap System", 2006; Dr. Eric Laxer, OrthoCarolina
“Dr. Powers did a wonderful job with the injection in my spine. The pain is completely gone. Thank you, Dr. Powers!!!” — Jerry B.
“Dr. Powers is a wonderful surgeon and the surgery staff is great. I was treated with respect and compassion. I was made comfortable from the moment I entered the surgery center through to the time I left. Thanks for a great time.” — Janiece A.
“Everyone in the office has been so kind and helpful and i love how personable Dr. Powers is and can talk to him about all my issues. He doesn't ever suggest we do anything that he knows won't help me.” — Heather F.
“He was very good with me. Told me about my back problems and told me the alternatives.” — Michael R.
“I am quite slowly recovering from back surgery and surely that will be worthwhile when I am totally well again. I really appreciate Dr. Timothy Powers and all his staff and what they have done for me. Thanks for everything!” — Wilma R.