Jessica M. Kohring, M.D.
Dr. Jessica M. Kohring is an orthopedic surgeon, fellowship-trained in foot and ankle surgery. She specializes in the treatment of all foot and ankle conditions including sports medicine, foot and ankle arthroscopy, trauma and fracture care, complex foot and ankle reconstruction and deformity correction, total ankle replacement, foot and ankle arthritis procedures, bunion and forefoot surgery, Achilles tendon disorders, lower extremity wound care, and general orthopedic trauma. Dr. Kohring began practicing with Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in 2019.
After completing her Bachelor of Science degree with honors in Health and Exercise Science at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Dr. Kohring went on to obtain her medical degree from the University of Colorado School of Medicine in Aurora, Colorado. While in medical school, she was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society as a top 5% graduate of her medical school class. She then completed her residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah. Following her residency, Dr. Kohring completed a foot and ankle orthopedic surgery fellowship at the University of Rochester in Rochester, New York.
When she is not seeing patients for foot, ankle, or trauma-related injuries, Dr. Kohring enjoys running, skiing, mountain biking, and hiking.
Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC 2003-2007
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 2009-2013
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 2013-2018
Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 2018-2019
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- AO Trauma
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Holy Family Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- The Orthopaedic Surgery Center
- Immediate improvement in physical function after symptomatic syndesmotic screw removal, 2019
- Arthroscopy of the ankle, 2019
- Resident independence in performing common orthopaedic procedures at the end of training: the graduated resident’s perspective, 2019
- Perceptions of the recommended resident experiences with common orthopaedic procedures: a survey of program directors and early practice surgeons, 2019
- Press Ganey outpatient medical practice survey scores do not correlate with patient-reported outcomes after primary joint arthroplasty, 2018
- Operative experience during orthopaedic residency compared with early practice in the U.S., 2018
- Treated versus untreated depression in total joint arthroplasty impacts outcomes, 2018
- Multimodal analgesia in foot and ankle surgery, 2017
- A scaphoid stress fracture in a female collegiate-level shot-putter and review of the literature, 2016
- Predicting excessive hemorrhage in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis patients undergoing posterior spinal instrumentation and fusion, 2014