The Accounting Manager in partnership with the CFO is responsible for planning, managing, coordinating and controlling overall financial operations of Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists (NWOS). The Accounting Manager assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to financial management, budget and accounting. The position oversees and is responsible for the accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, and financial closing functions for the organization. The position provides financial analysis statements including monthly balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, and actual to budget and last year variance analysis. The Accounting Manager in partnership with the CFO ensures fiscal operations are in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Is responsible in partnership with the CFO for planning, managing coordinating and controlling the overall financial operations of NWOS.
- Is responsible for accurate and timely Accounts Payable, Payroll, and General Ledger accounting.
- Is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, monthly, quarterly, and year end reports, and reports for regulatory agencies.
- Ensures the accurate and timely preparation of annual budgets and forecasting.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of all financial policies and procedures.
- Establishes and monitors internal controls.
- Confers with Revenue Cycle director to ensure a healthy accounts receivable.
- Provides support to department managers, administration, and physicians in the preparation, understanding, and use of budgets and financial information.
- Conducts self in accordance with current NWOS employee handbook and policies and procedures.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; Communication with administration and physicians regarding finances and cost effective healthcare delivery issues is extensive and sensitive.
- Actively participates in NWOS leadership team and works to meet leadership goals and objectives.
- Completes required annual training; HIPAA and all other as assigned.
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, health administration, accounting, or equivalent is required. A minimum of 5 years of general accounting with at least 2 years of demonstrated supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Prior experience in healthcare financial management with responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning is required.
Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists offers competitive compensation, great health benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, continuing education and many other useful supplemental benefits.