The DME Assistant is primarily responsible for providing superior customer service and on site assistance of the orthopedic bracing and supply program. This position will also be responsible for providing proper fitting and education of orthopedic bracing and supply to patients as well as gather necessary paperwork to facilitate billing on behalf of the practice. He/She will be expected to work in one or more clinic areas.
- Work with staff and providers to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels at each location. Unpack and move as needed items between inventory locations.
- Ensure proper completion of functional brace measurement forms.
- Monitor inventory par levels at each office and provide input to the DME Supervisor with any suggested changes.
- Assist clinical staff with the fitting and adjusting of DME items provided through the Clinic.
- Conduct monthly inventory cycle counts at all locations. Provide reports specific to shrink/waste from each individual location.
- Provide back-up coverage to the DME Supervisor as needed.
- Obtain and provide explanation of insurance benefits and authorizations for specialty DME service items specific to spine, hip, and functional knee bracing.
- Provide follow up to patient who receive a product to ensure proper fit and use.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices. Pro-actively establishes effective relationships and supports others in achieving high performance.
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with physicians, patients, patient families, visitors, co-workers, executive staff, and other NWOS employees in a professional and confidential manner.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to learn unfamiliar tasks and equipment operations within the scope of the position and to accept and promote change in a positive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Kinesiology or Sports Medicine equal to a four-year college degree is preferred or similar and/or 3 years related experience preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year clinical experience.
- MA, OTC, or ATC preferred.
- Knowledge of orthopedic bracing and supports preferred.
- Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology: This position requires communication with staff and providers to select and fit different soft braces and supports to patients.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and a good driving record.