The DME Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing superior customer service and on sight management of the orthopedic bracing and supply program. This position will also be responsible for providing proper fitting and education of orthopedic bracing and supply to patients as well as gather necessary paperwork to facilitate billing on behalf of the practice.
• Oversees daily program operations to include inventory, brace fitting, fee tickets, and charge entry.
• Coordinate all initial and ongoing training of clinical staff at each office; provide feedback to the office manager about the work performance of the clinical staff.
• Oversee the education of the physicians and staff on the orthopedic bracing and supply program and act as a resource for product.
• Coordinate all initial and ongoing training with orthopedic techs on brace fitting.
• Oversee management and development of the inventory management system with the prime vendor.
• Manage the secondary product vendor including the entire supply chain process and invoicing.
• Work with the Liaisons to set up the orthopedic bracing and supply storeroom at each office. Maintain small backup warehouse function at the administrative office.
• Develop and monitor inventory par levels at each office.
• Oversee the introduction of new product into inventory.
• Oversee the production and updates of the charge matrix.
• Assist in the negotiation of product pricing.
• Coordinate all invoicing and payments with accounting department.
• Develop and analyze inventory reports.
• Support the Director of Revenue Cycle to ensure pre-certification, charge entry, and collections.
• Present updates on orthopedic bracing and supply at physician meetings
Required Skills and Experience
• Education in Kinesiology or Sports Medicine equal to a four-year college degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years clinical experience required.
• Prefer orthopedic, sports medicine, or ATC background
• Experience in office processes in orthopedic or doctor’s offices a plus.
• Knowledge of state-of-the art bracing and orthopedic bracing and supply products and procedures is required.
Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists offers a complete and competitive benefits package including: competitive salary based upon experience, Health insurance, 401(k) match and profit sharing after eligibility requirements.